Artisan Bread Dough
Looking for bread dough recipes? Try this Artisan Bread Dough.
photo by little blue hen
Makes 2 loaves
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons butter
4 cup warm water
1 package dry yeast
5 1/2 cups sifted flour
- In a medium-sized pot bring the milk, sugar, salt and butter just to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl add the yeast to warm water. Stir in the milk mixture. Add the flour and beat with an electric mixer on medium- high until dough is soft.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead until smooth. Shape into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a clean cloth and let stand until dough is twice it’s size.
- Divide the dough evenly in half. Place each half into a greased bread pan. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Use a toothpick to test for doneness. Remove pan and invert loaves on a wire rack. Let cool before slicing.